Author Topic: LT Midlands Scripted Mission  (Read 992 times)

Offline MegOhm_SD

• Hungry, Horny, and Indecisive
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
LT Midlands Scripted Mission
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
From Leadturn on a  new mission:

"LTMIDLANDS", it is a scripted mission.   You home base is RAF Reading, west of London.

The action takes place at "medium" altitude, 10,000 - 12,000 feet, so this is "higher" than some of my past missions.

You do have time to cold start, warm up, and takeoff and climb to altitude to an intercept.  Most of the action will take place in a "corridor" running approximately north - south west of London.

"Raids" will be called out (appear as text message) as they occur, with the name of the target location.  The raids take about 10 minutes to reach their target, so you'll generally have time, even from the ground, to get to an intercept position.

I flew it for just over an hour, and it seemed to work ok, but may take a slightly bigger performance hit (due to proximity of London, and more trees in this area of the map, and larger raid sizes at times).

You will probably notice fairly larger stutters when the raids are spawned.  No way around this that I've found so far.

If it seems to "bog down" online, I'll trim it back the sizes of the raids.  They are not gigantic, but are larger in some cases than the ones in the LT Channel Front mission.

It as with the other scripted missions, all these mission need to stay together in the LTMIDLANDS folder (unzip the attached zip file, and you'll see a folder within).

The folder goes in the C:\Users\Ed\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Dogfight directory.

* LTMIDLANDS.rar
(13.27 kB ~ Downloads: 85)
Cooler Master XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance  Pro, Powercolor R9 295X2 8GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Com Pedals, 55" Plasma