Author Topic: IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Labels Modification  (Read 2190 times)

Offline MegOhm_SD

• Hungry, Horny, and Indecisive
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Labels Modification
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »
  IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Labels Modification

Screen 1: 

Distance only, and faded black labels beyond a certain range,
You'll find my Callsign in the far distance. I am flying German. 
You see colors appear below 2 km, but only ranges listed on enemy aircraft.   
RAF is Red, Lufwaffe Blue.

Screen 2:

Now all you'll see are ranges, no ID No's, No plane types; but retained human callsigns (since the shot is taken from my cockpit, and no other humans present there are no callsigns visible). 
This mission is my BoB Day COOP 2.... a huge mission... took that shot at the "merge", normally it would have been a total mess with lables on, but with ranges only it is acceptable to me.
I believe you will not be able to see opposing human callsigns, only friendlies, but not sure until we test... but that is what I am going for (human ID hidden if we fly on opposite sides).

Ok, here is the scoop:

I've finished testing and think option No. 2 above looks the best.  I've attached two zip files.  The "New Labels" folder contains the 3 files necessary to change the labels.  The "Restore Labels" folder contains a backup of the original file in case you want to resore the default labels.

Installation:

1.  In your C:\Users\name\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder, look for the rcu file, and back it up or rename it to rcu_orig.
2.  Copy the 3 files from the "New Labels" folder, called rcu, icon, iconfr into the C:\Users\name\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder.
3.  Start CoD.
4.  If you have not assigned a key to open the "Console" while inflight, do so by going to the Controls setup page in the game, and assign a key.  I used "Ctrl C"
5. By default, when you have loaded the modified files, you will have the New Labels Enabled  (I believe you will need to have Labels enabled in your Realism settings).

If you wish to change to "Full Real" labels while inflight, you can do so with Console commands.

By default, here are the commands the new rcu file enable:

im   Will load the new label settings....

ifr   Will load Full Real label settings.... i.e., no labels.

fs   Will start the Frame Rate Counter

fh    Will hide the Frame Rate Counter

If you selected Ctrl C as the command, you would type Ctrl C to open the Console, type the command, hit Enter, then type Ctrl C again to close the Console.   You can type multiple commands while you have the Console open.

To restore the original label settings, simply delete the icon, iconfr files, and replace the rcu with your saved backup, or the one in the "Restore Labels" file.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

LeadTurn_SD
new_labels.jpg
labels_2.jpg
* New Labels.zip
(0.68 kB ~ Downloads: 137)
* Restore Labels.zip
(0.2 kB ~ Downloads: 99)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:24:17 PM by MegOhm_SD »
Cooler Master XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance  Pro, Powercolor R9 295X2 8GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Com Pedals, 55" Plasma