Author Topic: Response to Post at 1C Forum w Link to ffdshow  (Read 1417 times)

Offline MegOhm_SD

• Hungry, Horny, and Indecisive
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Response to Post at 1C Forum w Link to ffdshow
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »
Today, 07:21 AM 
 MegOhm 
Member   Join Date: Jan 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger 
Unfortunately if the problem was consistent accross all systems then it would be easier to isolate and fix. Intermittent or non consistent errors are exponentially harder to find and correct.

For ages I had issues with the original IL-2, ROF, Call of Duty and a-10 crashing to desktop and it ended up being a CODEC setting for FFDShow. Putting my games on an exclusion list and it solved the problem.

Touch wood, I'm haven't had the CTD issue in CoD
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I Have not had CTD problems with those other games and I have run them on several different systems over the years.

I have had 2 hour flights in custom Scripted COOP missions in COD but that is rare. That was hosting in MP but noone joined, so I was by myself although in MP mode. When our squad does hook up with 3 or 4 others in MP, The CTD is inevitable 30 minutes in...almost every time for me. A little less frequent for my squad mates, but it happens eventually.

BTW for the majority...we should not have to restart COD after every mission.... If there are truly some out there that have no CTD issues with COD... That is just wonderful and amazing...but hard to believe.

ffdshow? The below description is from their site....

"ffdshow tryouts picked up where ffdshow left off and is a DirectShow and Video for Windows codec with support for a wide range of audio and video formats, such as Xvid, DivX, and H.264. It includes a powerful filter set that can enhance the video quality - with filters for resizing, deinterlacing, and displaying subtitles - as well as audio quality through normalization, down-/upmixing, and resampling."

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/

I have never tried this. Maybe there is something to it?

I have also been trying out Game Booster 3 from iobit lately with mixed results...needs more testing. It cannot hurt to free up your resources.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

IMHO...we should not have to jump through hoops to try to make this Sim work. But we do try...because we want it to.

Meanwhile...still waiting for the "patch of the Future" to see where it puts COD.

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM, ATI Radeon HD5970, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, 2TB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 52" Panasonic Plasma, Logitech G930 Wireless Surround Sound Headset; TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro Combat Pedals

http://www.sdsquad.com/index.php

Cooler Master XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance  Pro, Powercolor R9 295X2 8GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Com Pedals, 55" Plasma