Author Topic: Custom Sopwith Camel Response Curves  (Read 2428 times)

Offline LeadTurn_SD

• Manti Te'o's imaginary girlfriend
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Custom Sopwith Camel Response Curves
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:46:46 AM »
I've been fiddling with response curves for the Sopwith Camel and Fokker DR1 to try to "tame" these beasts.  These two rotary-engined planes have unstable centers of gravity and lots of engine torque, and excess elevator authority.... makes them very maneuverable, but very twitchy.

For the Camel, what I basically did is slow down the roll-response slightly, slow the pitch response even further, and add in some nose-down trim.

There two files contained in the zip file.  They are similar. The "LeadCamelCurve2" is slightly less aggressive changes than the "LT_sopcamel3" file.

They go here:  E:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\data\input

Then you can go the game, go to Options (along the bottom of the screen), select the Responses tab;  scroll down to the Sopwith Camel in the plane list on the left; select it; make sure the "Use All Aircraft Responses For This Plane" button is unchecked (you may need to scroll up with the right margin scroll bar to see this button); click the Folder Icon next to "Import/Export Curves" on the upper right and find the response file you imported and wish to test; click "Load"; click "Apply".

And finally, make sure the "Use All Aircraft Responses For This Plane" button is unchecked again (I know you already did this, but check it again, sometimes it is re-checked, and must be unchecked so that the custom response curve is used).

These curves really help smooth and mellow out the Camel, and remove much of the excess positive pitch....

Lead
* Camel Response Curves.zip
(0.91 kB ~ Downloads: 212)
I'd rather be diving.... but since I'm not...  Intel i5 760 (OC'ed); 8 Gb RAM; HD 7950; Samsung 840 PRO 256 Gb SSD + WD Caviar Black 500 Gb HD; Logitech G35 "wired" headset; CH HOTAS (Fighterstick, PRO Throttle, PRO Pedals); Win 7

Offline MegOhm_SD

• Hungry, Horny, and Indecisive
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Sopwith Camel Response Curves
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »
Thanks Lead!  This is good stuff.... 8)

I have them installed and loaded Ver. 3
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:04:39 AM by MegOhm_SD »
Cooler Master XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance  Pro, Powercolor R9 295X2 8GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Com Pedals, 55" Plasma