Author Topic: Falcon 4 BMS 4.32 Mod Information  (Read 12416 times)

Offline LeadTurn_SD

• Manti Te'o's imaginary girlfriend
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Falcon 4 BMS 4.32 Mod Information
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »
Before you begin:  This mod is for the original Falcon 4, NOT Falcon 4:AF

Here are some quick links if you are interested in trying Falcon 4 BMS 4.32:

Review at SimHq, provides a good overview:

http://www.simhq.com/_air14/air_507a.html

And here is the link to the BMS site.  You may need to register, but then can go to the downloads section of the site and get the BMS 4.32 installer, and also the recently-released "Update 1":

http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/content.php

If you have the original Falcon 4 CD, installation should be as simple as:

1.  Download the BMS 4.32 installer to desktop
2.  Place Falcon 4 CD in your drive (but do not let it install Falcon 4, close the program).
3.  Run the BMS 4.32 installer.  At some point will ask you to point to the Falcon 4 .exe
4.  You'll be able to choose were to install Falcon 4 BMS 4.32.   It will be a "clean" install, it does not install over Falcon 4. 

After successfully installing, I would fire up Falcon 4 BMS 4.32 just to make sure the install was successful, then apply the Update.   

NOTE:  Patches for BMS 4.32 will re-use the 4.32 Installer!  The Update looks for the "setup" file in the Installer.  So....  Don't delete it... keep it somewhere "safe".

Now the "fun" begins.  You'll need to set up graphics, sounds, difficulty settings and your controllers within the Setup menu in the game. 

Also, some of the BMS 4.32 "mod" settings are configured outside of the game.  I will post the settings I am currently using a little later.

Best wishes.
I'd rather be diving.... but since I'm not...  Intel i5 760 (OC'ed); 8 Gb RAM; HD 7950; Samsung 840 PRO 256 Gb SSD + WD Caviar Black 500 Gb HD; Logitech G35 "wired" headset; CH HOTAS (Fighterstick, PRO Throttle, PRO Pedals); Win 7

Offline shelt

• Wears Hello Kitty Underwear
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Falcon 4 BMS 4.32 Mod Information
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »
Hey, you got a new medal...:)
I have loaded up BMS and have it patched, took it up for a test flight and crcled and landed, now just have to remember how to turn everything on.
Looks pretty good, took off, circled and landed just to se if I still can. I land the jets much better than the old prop planes.
Intel i7-3770K@4.6 ,Windows 7 64,ADATA 240 RAID 0,CoolIT ECO-R120,Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H,Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600,HD7970 3GB,CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog Flight Stick,Combat Pro Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" monitor

Offline LeadTurn_SD

• Manti Te'o's imaginary girlfriend
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:43:07 AM »
MY CONFIGURATION SETTINGS:

To get to your "Mod" configuration settings, click on "Configuration" in the first screen you see when launching the game (while still at desktop).

I have left the majority of my settings at their "default" values.  Here are some that I changed:

1.)  Under Settings Avoinics --> Cursor Speed, I selected 75%.  This slows down the radar, TGP and Maverick cursor a bit.   This is personal preference, but I find the default speed a little too fast.

2.) Under Settings General --> Field of View I selected 75 degrees.  This works well with TIR and gives a wider field of view as the default, and you can more easily lean forward to "zoom" in to see the MFD's when needed.

3.)  Also under Settings General, near the bottom, I unchecked Play Intro Movie.

4.)  Under Settings Hardware I selected Double Resolution Cockpit Displays, and enabled all Post Process Effects except  Jet Heat Exhaust (heat blur).  I did not think it looked that good, and figured it caused a performance hit.

5.)  I have all rain mods and shadow mods enabled.

6.) Under Mods I have Fly F-16's Only and M2K Dedicated Sounds enabled.

IN GAME SETTINGS

Graphics:

1600x900 resolution
All other graphics settings at maximum values, except HDR settings at "recommended" settings, and VSYNC "off".  Advanced Graphics settings maxed (all enabled).   Season is set to "Spring".

Simulation:      These are the settings I've used for years in Falcon 4.

Skill Level:                      "ACE"
Realism:                         80
Flight Model:                   Accurate
Avionics:                        Realistic
Weapons Effects:            Accurate
Autopilot:                       3 Axis
Air Refueling:                  Simplified 
Padlocking:                     Enhanced
Labels:                           Enabled
Smart Scaling:                Enabled
Info Bar:                        Enabled

All other boxes unchecked.

Sound:   This is really personal preference, and will depend on your headset and sound card.  I turn off "UI Chatter" and "Music" and "Internal Sounds Outside Cockpit".   You need to experiment with slider levels, but can test the various levels in the sound setup screen by clicking on the speaker icon by each sound slider.

Hope this helps.

Lead

I'd rather be diving.... but since I'm not...  Intel i5 760 (OC'ed); 8 Gb RAM; HD 7950; Samsung 840 PRO 256 Gb SSD + WD Caviar Black 500 Gb HD; Logitech G35 "wired" headset; CH HOTAS (Fighterstick, PRO Throttle, PRO Pedals); Win 7

Offline MegOhm_SD

• Hungry, Horny, and Indecisive
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:20:14 AM »
Well I have everything downloaded....Now where the heck is that Falcon Disc?

Everthing installed and set except Throttle Not worrking and TIR not set yet... Almost there.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:57:13 PM by MegOhm_SD »
Cooler Master XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance  Pro, Powercolor R9 295X2 8GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Com Pedals, 55" Plasma

SMF

Teknoromi