Author Topic: Falcon 4.0 is alive  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Doatg

• View Profile
Falcon 4.0 is alive
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
Me and my friend Pav were talking about Falcon 4.0 what a game it was back then.  I went to youtube to just see what people are doing these day and stumbled upon this group of guys who made Falcon 4.0 look completly different.  Here is a video from you using BMS  BMS 4 - Dawn Strike  This is the dev's homesite link  to get the download but you first must register.  http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/ 8)

Offline shelt

• Wears Hello Kitty Underwear
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Falcon 4.0 is alive
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:59:30 PM »
I always liked Falcon 4.0, I tried Skunks mod about a year back and was pleased with it, this looks really good too, but haven't tried it, I think Lead flys it alot!
Intel i7-3770K@4.6 ,Windows 7 64,ADATA 240 RAID 0,CoolIT ECO-R120,Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H,Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600,HD7970 3GB,CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog Flight Stick,Combat Pro Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" monitor

Offline LeadTurn_SD

• Manti Te'o's imaginary girlfriend
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 03:57:23 AM »
I always liked Falcon 4.0, I tried Skunks mod about a year back and was pleased with it, this looks really good too, but haven't tried it, I think Lead flys it alot!

I'm currently flying Falcon 4 / BMS 4.32.   It is a major "evolution" for Falcon 4... and means going back to "noob" status for me because the weapon systems have been stepped-up a couple notches in realism.  It is more like DCS A-10C now, as far as how weapons are handled.

At its core, it is still Falcon 4.  Both for good and bad (mostly good!).  The campaign is better, is awesome, but still has some of the old "weaknesses".

Not sure how it will work online.  Falcon 4 : AF  was pretty good online (stable), maybe the best version of Falcon 4 for stability.  The tradeoff was graphics.

The Red Viper and FFx versions of Falcon 4 looked nicer... but were less stable.

Maybe BMS 4.32 has the best of both worlds (graphics, content AND stability).

At some point, maybe we can test it in an online TE or campaign, but with all the current good sims we have to fly, I'm not sure that will happen (because there is a bit of a learning curve with BMS 4.32.... similar to A-10 or BS2).

Lead
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:00:03 AM by LeadTurn_SD »
I'd rather be diving.... but since I'm not...  Intel i5 760 (OC'ed); 8 Gb RAM; HD 7950; Samsung 840 PRO 256 Gb SSD + WD Caviar Black 500 Gb HD; Logitech G35 "wired" headset; CH HOTAS (Fighterstick, PRO Throttle, PRO Pedals); Win 7

Offline LeadTurn_SD

• Manti Te'o's imaginary girlfriend
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »
Oh, and great video thanks for posting it!

That does capture the "feel" of Falcon 4 / BMS 4.32.  Flying a campaign mission across the DMZ on Day One is intense (as always)... the improved smoke effects and altered behavior of the SAMs really improves the whole experience and makes it possible, finally, to visually acquire and track the SAMs by smoke plume on lift off, and smoke trail as they close on you... which makes it easier to evade.

I flew without using flares/chaff ('cuz I didn't know how, lol, with BMS 4.32), and had minimal trouble evading SA-2's and SA-3's just with hard terminal maneuvers.

Good stuff... now I want to go fly some Falcon instead of going to bed, lol!

Lead
I'd rather be diving.... but since I'm not...  Intel i5 760 (OC'ed); 8 Gb RAM; HD 7950; Samsung 840 PRO 256 Gb SSD + WD Caviar Black 500 Gb HD; Logitech G35 "wired" headset; CH HOTAS (Fighterstick, PRO Throttle, PRO Pedals); Win 7

Offline MegOhm_SD

• Hungry, Horny, and Indecisive
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »
Cool DOATG...Lead flys this a nd We have it loaded...don't have the time for it though  :-\
Cooler Master XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance  Pro, Powercolor R9 295X2 8GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Com Pedals, 55" Plasma